This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

posted by Stacy

Morgan gave us a good laugh and impressed us yesterday.  He is working really hard getting ready for his mission.  Selling his truck and worldly possessions show a great desire but what REALLY impressed us was his new eating habits.

Any of you that know Morgan know that he can be a picky eater.  But when he came over yesterday,  a new and improved version of the Morgan we all know and love gave us a bit of a shock.  We were throwing a party for a bunch of teenagers and we had all kinds of junk out to eat.  He surveyed the food and then announced that it was time for him to give sour cream and ONION dip a try.  Without hesitating, he picked up a chip and took a giant scoop of dip and shoved it into his mouth!  ONION DIP!  MORGAN!


When I asked him how it tasted he said, "That was sooo good!"

I looked at him wide eyed and very suspicious.  "No, seriously,"  I asked, "What did you really think?"

"I'm a missionary,"  He answered, "Everything tastes good from now on!"  Then, as if to prove he'd turned over a new leaf for good he grabbed at another chip and scooped up a huge chunk of salsa.  SALSA!  TOMATOES!  MORGAN!


"And how was that?"  I asked.

"That was sooo good!" he lied.  "When you're a missionary, you can't be a picky eater.  I figured I'd better start now!"

Very impressive Morgan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment