This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First Letter

Dear Mom, Dad, and everyone else,
Today is finally Personal day! Woot woot! I'm having such a great time here, the MTC is a great place, but it is nothing like I expected! This is the definition of hard work. I get up at 6am every morning and am in the classroom or teaching a vounteer "investigator" for most of the day until about 9pm when I go back to the residence and read the scriptures, write in my journal and try to get some letters written. Sorry to Lonna, Stacy and Dave for not being able to get back to you yet, I havent had that much time, but I will do so within the next week!
I love getting mail here and hope to recieve more of it! DearElder.com is a same day delivery service for those of you that want to hear from me as soon as possible. TRY IT!
I had a letter from lonna and one from Abby waiting for me once I got here, so that was great!
To my family - I LOVE YOU! dont you dare ever think that I dont. I am so greatful that we are an eternal family. I would just like to say that I will not have time to email everyone on mondays, This will be my only email because of the time that I am allowed to be on the computer. So siblings - If you want to hear from me, (you better want to!) then you are going to have to send me letters or use dearelder.com.
Sorry that I am kinda jumping all over the place with my topics, they only give me 30 minutes on my email and so I am trying to cram info down your throats!
Mom- I love you, a ton. Also, I need to talk with you about some feelings that I had in the temple today so I will send you a letter as soon as I can.
So back to the MTC topic - My companion's name is Elder Penn, he is a convert to the church of about a year and 3 months and it shows by how much energy he puts into his studies and it is amazing to witness. Although he is a little weird I am learning how to deal with it, in the real world I could just walk away, but here I have to figure out how to make the most of our talents together. This place is HARD, did I mention that already? because it is true. I do see myself as more prepared than most of the missionaries here, they aren't very social, while I can talk to anyone, and I interview very well. I guess the branch president saw something in me because he made Elder Penn and I Zone leaders on sunday. I am humbled by his choice and I am glad to represent these 24 Missionaries. There is one elder here that is just amazing, Elder Johnson, he is from mesa and heading to west virginia, he and his comp share a room with me, he is the district leader for our district. He is just like me, except for the 5 inches taller that he is. He has given me some great advice.
Next subject -food - The food here is not good at all! I was really looking forward to eating here because I heard that it was amazing, but not compared to what I am used to! (I blame mom!) I have yet to be impressed with the food here, so please send care packages! I am the only elder here that hasn't recieved a box yet.
So I am almost out of time on the comp, but i will type as much as i can. Please help me by sending me more letters instead of emails, it is hard to check them on here. I would recommend Dearelder.com again. I hate shaving every day by the way! haha
Thank you to my sister, Danielle for picking me up from the airport and taking me to lunch and then to the MTC, I love you.
Chey - Where is the time you were going to send me? Also make sure to let everyone on facebook aware of dearelder.com and let them know how I am doing.
Dad, I love you too! your letter from dearelder made my saturday! its was fun to read.
I want you all to know that I have a testimony about why I am out here, I know that I will be blessed and grow so much, I know that I will be able to touch the lives of so many people and I cannot wait to get out into the field on may 4th! I am positive that when I return to you all that everything that is supposed to happen, will happen I love you all, I hope you keep supporting me and keeping me in your prayers throughout the mission because I know that it helps, I wouldnt be here if it wasnt for each and every one of you.
*make sure to forward this to everyone - aslo spread my MTC Mailing address to everyone.
Danielle, Bonnie, Brandon, Jennah, Clark - You better write me, I love you all so much.
Pictures to come soon, I havent had time to take many, but I will send a card soon.
Good thing I type fast, because 30 minutes goes by fast!
Love,
 Elder Morgan Laine Talmage Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment