This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Mission Call for My Convert!

Hey Family!   I opened my email today to read the best news ever! One of my converts named Mason wrote me, he was baptized Last October and he will be leaving on a mission next month! He is going through the temple this Saturday at 10:30 down in Mesa! I am going to call my mission president and ask if I can drive down to go through with him! I am so excited for this, he is going to bless a ton of lives as he serves a mission! Please pray that I will be able to gain permission to go!  

This week has been fantastic! We have found 4 new people to teach and we have set another baptismal date for December! We went on exchanges with one of the Assistants. President Ellsworth spoke at our Stake Conference along with Elder Lesuer of the Seventy.

The great things keep coming up and our area is about to explode with work!  
The new Baptismal date that we set is with a man named Jeff! He lives with a member and saw a Mormon.org billboard! He asked us this question, "How soon can I be baptized?" We were so excited to reply to that, and so now he will be baptized on December 17th! What a miracle!

Things are going well here in Snowflake! Elder Ralphs and I are working hard and having a lot of fun! We saw some rain yesterday and the members tell us that tomorrow we'll be seeing snow! I am so ready for it!   We went on exchanges with Elder Harper, one of the assistants. That day we were able to teach a new investigator on the spot when we met her, and we taught her in the members home that we were visiting! Her name is Della and she is visiting from Phoenix for a week or so. We hope to teach her more and help her feel the need to be baptized! I'll keep you posted!  

I am grateful for the blessings that are coming to me as I serve my mission with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I have changed a lot, but it is for the better. I testify that missionary work not only blesses those being taught and the missionaries, but it blesses the missionaries families! I have heard of several miracles (small or Large) that have happened in my family. I hope that I can be an example for my friends, family and everyone who meets me. I can't believe that I have been on my mission for 19 months now, but I can assure you that I will not waste a minute of the time that I have left!

-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment