This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Snowing

Greetings from the land of Flakes and Snows!

As I look out the Library window right now I see nothing but grey clouds, snow cascading to the ground, and people bundled up in winter coats as they scurry to their vehicles! The weather here has changed dramatically over the last few days and we are starting to see the winter that everyone has been warning us about. The coldest temperature I have seen so far up here is about 18 degrees, but right now we are lucky to be floating around 33 or 34 degrees. I am staying warm though because we are blessed to have a truck with a fully functioning heater!

This past week has been extremely busy! We have gone down to the valley twice (3.5 hour one-way trip) and we have had transfer meeting, Zone Leader Council, District Leader Council and also our typical load of lessons and correlation meetings. Needless to say I think this has been the busiest week of my mission!

Something really weird, but fun that happened this week was when we were at ZLC on Friday! We told our mission president that it was going to snow and that Elder's Flake and Sims were still on bike up here. We asked him when they would be getting a truck and President told Elder Ralphs and I that we were going to drive all the way back up to Snowflake in our own trucks that way we could take one to Elder Flake! We followed the command and so I spent 3.5 hours by myself, which was very weird and I am pretty sure that I was talking to myself the whole way! Things like that NEVER happen in the mission so Elder Ralphs and I feel like President Ellsworth trusts us a lot!

We have been able to teach Lynda and Robert this week and they are both still on for their baptisms. Roberts will be on Nov. 26th and Lynda's on Dec. 3rd! We have also picked up a new couple this week too! David and Cynthia became new investigators as we taught them about the Book of Mormon. Our teaching pool is doing really well right now and we are still being bold with these investigators, they just need to feel the spirit enough to commit to baptism on a specific date.

I am going to the valley AGAIN this evening and I will be down there until Wednesday night for Leadership Training meetings. We has these about 6 weeks ago and that is when I first became companions with Elder Ralphs then I had to run the area alone. So this time he will be staying up here and I will be gone for a couple of days. Pray for us that we make it through the snow safely. I hope that everyone reading this has a wonderful day! Please continue to support me with your letters of encouragement, they really do help!

I know that my Savior loves me. He loves all of us and wants us to be eternally happy. He can help us with any calling that we receive as long as we put in our effort! Pray for the strength required to do his work.

-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment