This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Transfer News

Happy Halloween! I think I will be a missionary for halloween this year!

Transfer News was Saturday night!

Elder Ralphs and I were huddled around the fax machine at around 10:45 before we actually got the information. We both felt like we were going to stay together as a companionship for this next transfer, but you never know! As the fax came through we read both of our names at the top of the list and then we both yelled for joy because we are indeed both staying here in Snowflake. The Zone however is being shaken up quite a bit! Let me outline it for you:

Elder Ralphs and Thomas --> Same!
Elder Hancey and Rydalch --> Elder Rydalch and "Greenie"
Elder Flake and Jones --> Elder Flake and "Greenie"
Elder Hudson and Glass --> Elder Glass and "Greenie"
Elder Uranga and Scow --> Elder Ricks and Scow
Sister Card and Gibby --> Sister Gibby and Perstke
Hermana Alvarez y Juarez --> Hermana Alvarez y Romano
Elder Lyon and Miller --> Both leaving. area combined with below elders
Elder Henager and Weston --> Elder Harper and Weston
Elder Bennion and Egbert --> Elder Davis and Egbert

So, as you can see, every companionship has changed in our Zone except for Elder Ralphs and I! Now, we are going to have 3 Greenie's in the zone and the oldest missionaries in the zone are Elder Ricks and I. We sat next to each other on the plane from the MTC to Arizona. We are excited because new missionaries have a great fire about them and they'll be a great benefit to everyone here.

We have had a great week again! I don't know how you can have a bad week when the temperature hovers around 65 degrees the whole time. I have been loving the weather, it's a well needed break from the valley! We were given a new truck this week as well! it has about 3000 miles on it and it is silver as opposed to our old white one. It is also 1 year newer!

We taught a new couple this week. Staci and Torry are their names. Staci is 18 and very Catholic and Torry is 21 and he works at the local car dealership as a salesman. He doesn't know if God is there for him or not, but have another lesson coming up this next week and we'll help him understand that a little bit more. They are great people and will make wonderful members of the church hopefully very soon.

I know that I have been called on my mission to serve, and I was happy to be a part of 6 service projects this week! The ward has been calling on us a lot to help its members and we are more than okay with that because it just continues to build member trust! We hope to teach a little more this next week and to set some baptismal dates too! Please pray for us!

-Elder Thomas

Another cool sign:

No comments:

Post a Comment