This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Weather and People are Great!

Greetings from Snowflake!

This week has been extremely great! We have been able to go on exchanges with one of the Assistants, Elder Leonard; We went down to Payson on Saturday and we have also set another baptismal date!

Elder Leonard is from South Africa and is about to go home in 1 week. He is a great missionary and I was happy to spend the day Thursday with him. We taught a ton that day because all of our investigators set up lesson for Thursday for some reason. Elder Leonard was able to help them progress and help us teach, we saw a lot of success and miracles. We learned from each other throughout the day and had a great time! He said that we were doing well and gave us some ways to improve our area, so we were grateful to have him with us.

Saturday we went down to Payson to conduct the baptismal interviews for one of our district leaders. I must say that my favorite part about going down there was the drive! Yes, the interviews went great and they are ready for this coming Saturday, but on the way there I told myself, " I am going to know everything there is to know about Elder Ralphs before we get there." So the whole way I would ask him question after question which was really fun! I don't think I know everything about him, but maybe one more trip down there and I will! He and I are getting along great!

The other baptismal date that we set this week was with a man named Robert! He is half Mexican and half Native American. We have been teaching him for about 3 weeks now. We taught him on Thursday and were super bold with him and asked him to pray about being baptized on November 26th. We also made sure that he was coming to the baptismal service for his niece the following day. He came to the baptism and I swear I saw a tear stream down his cheek, but he will never admit it. After the service we were talking to him and I asked him if he was still praying? he replied, "yeah, the 26th right?" So because he said that he set the date with himself! He committed to be baptized on that day and we are going to do all that we can to prepare and help him along the path.

All in all it was a wonderful week and I have really enjoyed it. The weather couldn't be better as it hovers right around 75 degrees during the day. The people here are great and I love serving them! I love the Lord, he has blessed me with so much in my life and I try to thank him for it all, but I am only human. He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that we all can Repent and come unto him if we just have the desire. I pray that we all can change our lives and do whatever it takes to gain our eternal reward.

-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment