This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Howdy from Snowflake!

Howdy from Snowflake!

Things honestly could NOT be better in my life right now! I am in the greatest place in the mission where the weather hasn't been above 80 degrees since I have been here, I am able to work seamlessly with my companion, we are finding people to teach and helping them commit to be baptized, and according to the members here I am in the prime of my mission! My Heavenly Father is watching out for me and ensuring that I am happy, which is a testimony to me that he cares about each one of us! I pray that my letter this week will help lift someone who reads it and that I can convey my feelings with exactness.

Since last time I emailed y'all we have had a surprising amount of time to proselyte in our area, which has been much needed with all the meetings that have been occurring lately. Elder Ralphs and I have been working our hearts out to find new people to teach and also to help those we currently teach recognize the need for baptism in their lives. This last Saturday we taught a woman named Lynda in the Caldwell family home. Lynda is good friends with the Caldwell's and we were able to eat dinner there and watch "Joseph Smith, The Prophet of the Restoration" with everyone. After the movie, Sister Caldwell expressed her love to Lynda and then challenged her to be baptized on the 26th of November! Lynda said she would think about it and get back to us on Sunday at church. Well she had a work emergency and wasn't able to make it to church, but we called her that night and she told us that she is willing to be baptized on the 26th! I love the members here and how involved they are with teaching these investigators! It is truly a blessing.

I was able to go on exchanges twice this past week. The first time I went to Elder Hudson and Glass' area in Payson, Arizona. That place is wonderful! It has more trees that Snowflake does, but not as many members. I loved spending the day with them and learning together. On the way back home we almost hit a couple of Elk again! It was really scary, because those things are huge!

The second exchange was with Elder Hancey in my area. He is another one of our District Leaders and I was happy to have him tag along with me yesterday. We talked to everyone we saw, just like we do every other day and saw some great miracles! We met a less-active brother named Troy and he wasn't too interested in coming back to church when we first started talking to him, but 20 minutes after we left he called us and told us that he needed to come back into the fellowship and that he needed to meet with us later in the day. So we met with him at 3pm and he poured out his soul to us and bore testimony to us! It was awesome and he will be coming back to church for sure this week. He is a great guy and I am happy that he has been touched by the holy spirit.

Earlier Today we were able to do a session at the Snowflake Temple and afterwards we had our Zone Activity, which was playing Laser-Tag in a corn maize! It was so much fun even though our team lost just about every time! All 20 of the Missionaries in the zone were there and I am sure that they all enjoyed themselves. What a great day!

I want to express my love to all of those who have written me lately. I have been going through struggles as well as great times, but the reason I am able to overcome those things and grow the most is because of the support that I am getting from back home! Thank you for everything! God bless!


Love,

Elder Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment