This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Keep the Letters Comin'

Okay, so I tried to send an email last week that had pictures attached to it, but apparently every time I do that it screws up. so I will no longer be sending pictures in emails.
 
A lot has happened in the past week that I need to talk about, there have been highs and lows, but ultimately has been OK. The weather here was HOT from last Wednesday (19th) til about Saturday. Then on Sunday it was Cold! so weird! (Cold for me now is like 80 degrees)
 
Saturday the 22nd We had 2 baptisms, Aileean and Petra were baptized and are super cool new members! They love church and are stoked to be a part of it. That is now 4 baptisms since I have been here!
 
I have been here for about 3 weeks now and I am surprised at how fast time is going! in another 3 weeks there will be transfers, chances are that I will stay where I am at, but Elder Cornilles could stay, or he could go. I hope he stays, because I don't know how I am going to run this area without him. in the next 3 weeks we have 6 more baptisms planned, (that is people that we are teaching that we have set a date with). I am praying that they all hold up and are baptized by June 12th.
 
On Sunday, all of church was cancelled in Arizona! why? because there was a temple dedication (Gila Valley Temple). President Monson, Eyring and a couple other general authorities spoke! It was AWESOME! I didn't really remember the medford temple dedication so I am glad that I got to see this one! Since we didn't have church on Sunday, we got to make pancakes for breakfast, we had extra time so we made them with bananas in them! It was good!
 
We have been teaching a lot! We set a date for baptism with a guy named Kevin this past week, he is cool and I think he is from Texas or something judging by the way he talks. Then we set a date for a lady named Debora-Lee who is completely ready to be baptized! All we are waiting for is for these two to come to church one more time and for them to quit some bad habits that they have.
 
I met a member down here named Troy Brinton, he is staying in a home for people that aren't in their right mind, but I liked his name so I thought I would tell you all about him. He might be less-active, but we aren't sure yet, so we will go see him later this week again.
 
I am sorry for last weeks email not going through, I don't know what other ones haven't gone through, so I guess that I will send some again, just delete them if you already have them.
 
Satan has been working on me a ton this past week. I have been trying to look past what he is trying to get me to do, but sometimes it is so hard. I don't like him. I am thankful for every letter I get from people back home (even though this week I have received none). I want you all to know that I am staying strong even though Satan is attacking me every day. Don't let him into your life, that is my advice! He has been telling me to go home since I have been out here, luckily I got a letter of inspiration to stay out here from Abby the other day. She quoted Gordon B. Hinckley's dad when he said "forget yourself and go to work!" I am trying to do that. Sorry for complaining, I just need to let you all know how I feel and to make sure you know that I am trying my hardest.
 
On a lighter note, today is p-day, and we decided to go to the bat caves as a zone! We took highway 60 east out to Apache Junction (weird place from what i hear) and then we went on a dirt road surrounded by huge cacti and such. I didn't know that cacti and dirt could be so pretty, and I really mean that! I got some sweet pictures and I will send them home sometime soon i guess, even though my memory card isn't full. We hiked up to where the cave was, but when we got there the entrance was welded shut! apparently some crazy people went up there one night with their shotgun and killed hundreds of bats! Those people ruined the experience for everyone else! lame!
 
Well, please keep supporting me, I love hearing about everything that is happening back home.
 
Love,
 
Elder Thomas
 
P.S - Everyone should serve a mission! There are too many people that need to hear this message that haven't - for us to just sit back and wait for the work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment