Hello everyone!
I didn't write out a script to type today, so I guess you could say that I am going to be writing from the spirit! Can I just say that I LOVE being a missionary? I just got back from the temple and I had a great time, I love going there and feeling the spirit so strongly.
I want to say happy birthday to Bonnie, Ster and Kaycee because I know that Bonnie's birthday is on the 8th and that ster and Kaycee's are really close to that. so.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I LOVE YOU and i hope you have a wonderful day.
I have received so many packages this past week including one from my sister Danielle and I just want to say thanks for all of the food! we had a mini fiesta last night because I don't want to pack any of the food in my luggage because I cant afford the extra weight. Dave I just got your package out of the mail and I haven't had a chance to open it yet, but thank you! Jennah I love you~!! thanks for the food! i loved it and enjoyed it.
So and update on my weight, I have gained 2 pounds overall in the MTC putting me at 180 pounds on the dot. I am so thankful that I am not my companion, Elder Penn, He has gained 21 pounds here in the MTC and bent over to pick something up off the floor yesterday....ended up splitting his pants! It was about a 5 inch rip on the butt!
I am no longer a Zone Leader because of the fact that I leave for Mesa TOMORROW!!! I am sooooo stoked! I feel ready to go there and to preach the gospel to everyone that will listen. It is amazing how much I have learned in 3 short weeks. I have learned the gospel better, how to teach according to peoples needs, and also how to be a great companion and leader. I am grateful for my teachers (most of the teachers here are returned missionaries that go to byu) and the love that they have shown me!
It is weird that I left and 3 weeks later the bishopric was released, I am still kind of in shock over that! I wanted to thank them for their service and let them know that without them I wouldn't be out here.
The MTC is an amazing place, I loved it here! but at the same time I cannot wait to leave! I want to get to Arizona! I have never been there before and I was told that it is amazing and that I will grow to love it. I really hope that I do. I want to let everyone know that I am praying for them. I say lots of prayers so there is tons of time to pray for everyone. I pray for some more than others, not because i love them more, but because I see that they need the lord to help and guide them more. Being on my own this time is a lot different than when I went to school. I have no phone, Internet, friends that I know (I did run into Alex Martin and Alex Kinghorn here though). I can tell you one thing that I do have that I also had at school though, The true gospel of Jesus Christ. Without it I would have failed at school, and I would have failed here as well.
The number one thing that I have to remember here is to be obedient to all of the rules, and so far I would say that I have been. I am really changing my life, and how I look at things. But don't worry I am not changing who I am, just putting Morgan Thomas on hold for a while, so that Elder Thomas can be focused.
L. Tom Perry came here and spoke to us about the power of the BoM! it was a great talk and I was submerged in the spirit while he spoke.
I have a new address where all of my mail and packages can be sent. Please use The united states postal service so that the mission home will forward the packages to me. otherwise (if you use FedEx or ups) they will be kept at the mission home until the next zone conference.
Elder Morgan Laine Talmage Thomas
Mesa Arizona Mission
6265 N. 82nd St.
Scottsdale AZ 85250
So I love you all! Just remember that. Time is going by so fast here, I will be back before you know it!
Love,
Elder Morgan Laine Talmage Thomas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment