Brothers and Sisters,
How great is missionary work? I love what I am doing and I had a very powerful experience this past Saturday! I was so into the lessons that we were having and I care so much for the people that we teach that I felt something that I haven't felt before on my mission. Elder Brown and I were riding on our bikes back to our house when I realized, "what? we are going home already?" the day had gone by so quickly and I was enjoying myself so much that I said to my companion - "For the first time on my mission I am wishing that a day wouldn't end, that we could go and teach someone else!" - I just want to let everyone know how much I have grown out here already, I haven't been out for very long, but I know that this is what the lord wants for me right now and it has been a struggle throughout my life to get to this point, but now I can truly say that I am loving the work with all of my heart, not just part of it. I love my family and my friends, but there is only so much love that I can give them right now because I am so focused and passionate about what I am doing here. I literally get to change lives everyday, I may not get to see it happen, but something that I say everyday will touch someones life in a way that I cannot understand!
Anyway! I want to tell you about the success that we had this past week! Since last Tuesday the 13th, we have taught 26 lessons! 18 with a member of the ward present and 8 without. The members really help and so we have made it a goal to try and get as may as we can to lessons. We have received several referrals and even 3 from members of the church, which are like gold out here. Elder Brown and I have worked out all of the kinks and stuff that happens when new companions get together and so we are teaching super well together! I love my companion and how wise he is, the new transfers starts on July 27th and that is the start of his final 6 week countdown! scary stuff! He already asks me questions about what kind of car he should get and since he doesn't know much about them I get to talk about them a lot (which I love to do!) This week has bee awesome and I can't wait for our baptisms this weekend! We will be having 4 people getting baptized this Saturday - Loretta and her two nephews (Ricardo and Lorenzo) and then Jason will also be baptized! They are all so ready for this step and I cannot wait to see them all dressed in white! So Good!
There several topics that I wanted to hit on today, but I left my notes back at the Shack, Something that I remember that I wanted to talk about was the fact that I SAW RAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME on Sunday night there was a rain that Elder Brown told me was a light rain. To me, being from Oregon where it rains all the time I looked at it and it was comparable to a medium rainstorm back home. I can't wait to see what it is like to have a heavy rain storm here, should be awesome! Besides the work that has been happening I would say that this was the highlight of my week! The thunder and Lightning were a bonus!
So I hate to put my mom on the spot, but I wanted to ask her to start a project for me - Since she is the master at making quilts and such I want her to make me a Denim (jeans) quilt similar to the one I made for Cheyenne last Christmas. The only problem is that I used all my jeans on that quilt so I don't know if she has any she could use, I wanted to ask for everyones help to help my mom make this, whether that means to send her some of your old jeans or to actually help her make it. I am going to need a super warm blanket for this winter, because I already get cold here at night time and I can't even imagine what 60 degrees is going to feel like this winter, and who knows, I might get transferred up to Snowflake? (even colder!) Y'all can call my mom and she what she needs help with, I think it would be sweet to have everyone write a little message on it too! Elder Brown has a sweet pillow with his family picture printed on it and I thought that was kinda cool! (but I don't know if I would want any pictures on my pillow, any who, I am just full of ideas! I hope my mom doesn't get too mad for asking this of her.
I love you all, Thanks for taking the time to write me and support me, I know the importance of my calling as a missionary and how much good I am trying to do here. I have learned many things and I am starting to see how they will apply to the rest of my life. To be completely honest with you all, I want to be here with all of my heart, I am putting my maximum effort into everyday, sometimes that means that all my efforts go into surviving the heat (which I am totally used to already) and sometimes all my efforts are in the lessons that we have to teach, but either way it's all I have to give, and it is all for the lord.
I wanted to challenge everyone to read the introduction, the testimony of Joseph Smith and also the entire Joseph Smith History this week, because sometimes as we read these things are ignored and neglected. Study them, they will strengthen/create your testimony of the Savior, our Heavenly Father and his love for all of us!
I love you all! Let me know how your studies go this week and I promised what I challenged you to do will benefit you greatly! Write me any questions you have, if you want to know something specific about what I do or how I do it. I love talking about it!
Hope I didn't forget to say anything, because I am about to run out of time!
Love
Elder Morgan Thomas
6265 N 82nd St.
Scottsdale AZ 85250

No comments:
Post a Comment