Good news and Sad news this P-Day...
I will start with the good news because that is what I am most excited about! This past Saturday I was able to be a part of 4 wonderful baptisms. Jason Tennon, Loretta, Ricardo and Lorenzo Weaver were all baptized and confirmed! I Baptized Loretta and I really do love them! They were so ready to hear the gospel and to change small things in their lives to get on the straight and narrow path. I also confirmed Loretta and that was a great blessing to be able to be in tune with the spirit enough to do so. I have pictures and whatnot, but I wont be able to send them this week because I left my camera at the apartment. Sorry, but I will get to it later, I have had a busy weekend.
So, on to the Sad news... I got transferred! Elder Brown and I got a call from President Ellsworth on Saturday night during the baptisms and informed us that I would be "whitewashing" (going to an area with a companion that hasn't been there either) in an area and that he would be training a brand new missionary! I am so excited for him, but I am sad that I don't get to be with him, bummer!
I am now with Elder Bickmoore, he has been out for a year and five months, he seems pretty cool and like he is a hard worker, but I still don't know him very well. My new area is on Mckellips Rd and that is just a few streets up from main. The apartment that I am staying at is MUCH nicer than the one I was at before. I think it is called "Reflections at Red Mountain." Other weird news - I got a car! A 2010 Chevy Malibu, it is silver and I must say that it is pretty fun to drive. I missed driving. I am afraid that since I am not on bikes all day that I might put on a few pounds, but I hope not. We shall see. Elder Bickmoore is taller than me, but I am guessing that he doesn't weigh quite as much, He is about 6'4" or 6'5" and is a skinny man (reminds me of my brothers). He is 22 years old and from Ohio most recently. I told him we weren't going to get along because he went to Ohio State University and I am a Oregon Ducks fan....not ok! He is a great guy and I can see us having some great success together in this area. I wasn't expecting to get transferred, but I guess that my work in the Mesa Stake was done, the lord has some other people for me to find. I am going to work my hardest, since we are whitewashing this area we have to start from scratch and find people to teach, the reason the sister missionaries were both transferred is because they didn't have much work, so they brought us in here, I know that we can get some serious work done. I was honored that President Ellsworth has enough faith in me to do this and I can promise anyone that will read this that I will not let him down!
I am trying to remember all of the amazing things that happened to me this past week, but I have had such a crazy weekend that I am having a hard time remembering. I handed out my address to several recent converts, members and also investigators, so they can keep in touch with me, some said that they would write me letters and even one member said that he was going to write my parents. I was really close with some of the members in my last area.
I wanted to say happy birthday to my sister Danielle, she will be turning 32 tomorrow and I wanted to let her know that I haven't forgotten about her!
I cannot believe that the month of July is almost over, the time is flying by so quickly! The hot weather has calmed down to about 105 lately, but that is because the clouds are moving in and it is getting more humid. I have only seen rain that one time, but just about every night now it threatens to! The people here keep telling me about these monsoon storms that are supposed to come, but I haven't seen one yet, I welcome any moisture here, i like the humidity!
I am so thankful to have a mission President who can receive revelation for his missionaries, I know that I was transferred out of Mesa Stake for a reason, I may not know what it is, but I know that it is the best thing for me, I am going to keep pushing forward and work extremely hard on my new area. I should be here for a while, but you never know. the most a missionary stays in one place is usually 6 months. So I could possibly be here until Christmas time, that would be sweet!
I love you all! Pray for missionary work!
Elder Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment