Hey All!
Last Monday I was able to go to a Diamondbacks game with an investigator (Dustin Trott) and I had a blast! We lost 2-0, but it went into 11 innings and we saw some really cool stuff happen! We saw the pitcher get hit by a hit ball and we also saw a batter completely lose his grip on the bat. The bat went flying into the crowd and hit someone, I had a blast even though we didnt have the best seats in the place. I was also able to catch a T-shirt that the people were throwing out to the crowd! (I was happy for that because I am too cheap to buy one!) I will attach some pictures of the game.
I was able to give a talk on sunday the 12th and my topic was "Heavenly Fathers Love for his children." It wasn't my best talk, but I had a fun time preparing for it (in two days) and I enjoy speaking in a crowd. I mostly talked about the atonement because that was the ultimate act of love.
The week was really fun, Elder Bickmore and I have a good time together, we have just been working on getting the members to meet their neighbors and to get some referrals out of them. We made some progress and have had more lessons that the previous weeks. Last night we were able to go to the Joseph Smith movie with Mason and Tanner P, , I dont recall if I told you about them, but they grew up in the church but were never baptized because their mother is anti-mormon. They loved the movie and afterwards we challenged them to talk to their mom and ask her if they could be baptized on October 2nd. We got a call from them last night right before bed time and they said that they talked to her and she said that they could be baptized! I was so happy and I was yelling and flipping over furniture in our apartment and stuff! I am still really really happy for them! Prayer works! Fasting works! The gospel is true!
I am excited for the coming week and will be working my hardest to find those who are ready to teach! Keep us in your prayers!
Elder Thomas
P.S. Here's an interesting sign I saw:
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey I watched that game!! Glad the Giants won, maybe you're a good luck charm. Hope you're doing well out there Elder! We miss and pray for you.
ReplyDelete