Hey All!
I just wanted to quickly let you all know that I have had a great week and that Elder Bickmore and I have been working really hard!
We found out on Sunday night that there is someone in our area that is being taught by some elders in Scottsdale...and if you know anything about missionary work you know that the people are supposed to be taught by the missionaries in their ward boundries. This means that we will be teaching her as soon as we can get into contact with her and get some people in the ward to fellowship her. She has been taught for about 2 months now and I am not sure how excited about it she is. we will have to meet her to find out!
Happy 20th Birthday to Abby Brinton! Hope it's a great one!
I have been working on some documents lately to help improve our effectiveness out here in this area, we dont teach as much as other areas, but we are thinking outside of the box so that we can stay busy! I have recieved a ton of love from everyone here and they all help us with the things that we need. Just today the bishop of one of our wards took us shopping for new shoes! He got me a really nice pair and I just went because Elder Bickmore needed new ones! I also got 6 new ties today! Thanks Bishop Richter! Earlier this week I got 2 new pairs of basketball shoes from a member too! I feel so blessed, Elder Bickmore and I didn't even worry about going shopping this week.
yes I am writting pretty late at night, but it is because we sacrificed time earlier and so we are emailing now. We just got done teaching two great lessons. One of them was to a 9 year old girl and I was having a good time with that becuase it would be like trying to teach my niece Beth! This girls name is Brittanee, yes that is how you spell it, and she is ready to be baptized, we just have to get her all taught and we set a date with her tonight for October 9th! The other Lesson was to Mason and Tanner Price, they moved their baptismal date back one week becuase it would be tough to do on general conference weekend. They will be baptized on Oct 9th as well.
I picked up something really neat today that a member told us about and I will be saving it and making it better so that I can send it home to my dad for christmas, but I figure I should start hyping it up now so that he gets really excited about it, because it is really really cool. Now i just have to find something for my mom.! haha.
I love Mesa, The weather should be cooling off now, today was only about 99 degrees I think, and tomorrow is supposed to storm so it should be cooler as well. The people here are so awesome and I also was able to get the address for Elder Jestes' family (he served in the ashland ward and we were homies) so I will be visiting his family next p-day!
I will attach some pictures from the past few weeks.
I love the gospel, it has blessed my life in so many ways and I know that as I continue to do what is right that I will get all that my heavenly father has in store for me. I am no longer worried about the future, about people back home, about my friends from school, becuase I know that the lord will take care of them for me! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!
Love
Elder Morgan Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment