General Conference was amazing this past weekend! I got so much out of it because for once I was actually seeking some guidance, not only for myself, but for the people that I teach as well! I took 16 pages of notes so that I could look over them at any time! I really did feel spiritually fed just like president Monson explained!
By the way I totally saw Ben Wright signing in the Priesthood MTC Choir! Where is he going on his mission?
My favorite talk was by Elder Holland! He is such a great speaker, I really enjoyed how instead of teaching and preaching about gratitude he just showed it. He showed it through the passion and the tone of his voice as well as the look upon his face, I truly believe him and know that being grateful is important. I loved some of the other talks as well. Elder Scott and Ucdorf gave really great talks and I loved all of their remarks.
My week has been great! We will be having 2 baptisms this Saturday at 2pm. I am excited that Mason and Tanner are going to be able and have kept themselves worthy to do this.
We also came across a house this week that had monkeys in the back yard! I was totally surprised to see these creatures in the dessert, because we don't even see them back home in Oregon! I will attach some cool pictures of the monkeys soon. One of them was extremely insane and would jump at the cage and shake it while it showed its sharp teeth at us! It scared me every time to the point where I would jump back!
One of the members here gave us some free dental service and I was very grateful for that! Elder Bickmore hadnt been to a dentist in more than a year so it was good that we got him in there for a cleaning. I also got my teeth cleaned and while the lady was working on my teeth she told me that she wishes that everyone had teeth like me. Then I told her that she would be out of business if everyones teeth did. she agreed. Elder Bickmore had to get some fillings replaced and I was laughing really hard at him because his face was numb for the rest of our monday!
Our lessons are going good, we have recieved some trainings from the Zone Leaders that has helped us really get to the bottom of our investigators concerns and will be applying them asap. I also had an interview with the mission president yesterday and it went really well. He is so loving of each and every missionary and I can really feel his love. I am grateful for the comfort that comes from my prayers and from the prayer of everyone that prays for the missionaries in the world! Keep us in your prayers, we need them!
Love
Elder Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment