This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cooling Down to 95'

Hello everyone!

I have had an amazing week here in the valley of the sun! The weather has been cooler (by this I mean about 95 degrees, but that is much better than the 105 we had 2 weeks ago!) I am starting to see why people would want to live here! We have even chose to take our bikes out some nights because it gets into the 70's! 

We had 2 baptisms on Saturday, Mason and Tanner P. were baptized and confirmed by their father and all this was so great to see! These boys seemed to bring every friend they had to the baptism and there was a lot of youth there, non-member and member too! Hopefully we get some referrals from it. The next day they went to a cardinals game (yes, on sunday) and they missed church, what a way to start it out huh? I am not worried about it though.

Dustyn T. has made some serious progress this past week too! Just 2 weeks ago we were trying to help him find faith in God, but the lesson that we had with him yesterday went so good that he committed to be baptized this weekend! So on Saturday he will be baptized and Sunday he will be confirmed a member of the church. I know that the fast we had on sunday (for missionary work) has helped our efforts here. I was also able to bear my testimony and really tell the members to help out ( in an nice way of course). All the members came up to me afterwards and started handing out referrals and telling us that they were glad that someone can tell it like it is. For those that know me, you know that I can be blunt at times and am not shy. It was a powerful testimony meeting.

As you may know, this week is week 6, that means that transfers are next p-day and that we will find out who is getting transferred on saturday. I think Elder Bickmore is leaving, and he thinks that I am leaving so it is kind of funny. All of my companions have gone into leadership after being my companion. I expect him to become a DL for sure. He is a great missionary!

I wanted to publicly thank everyone for writting me, I have been getting a lot of letters lately and I am grateful for that. keep em coming! I want you all to know that they do not take away from my focus at all, I really do focus all day long, at night is when I open and read my letters. I hope you ALL know this and wont hesitate to write me. 

I saw a double-decker bus this week and that was pretty cool! 

Sorry for all of the random thoughts, but I have a lot of them! I am trying to remember all of the great things that happen to me throughout a week.

I was able to go to the temple today! They just re-opened it after a deep cleaning and remodel. I was taken back by how beautiful the new carpet was, I love that building! I really would encourage all the people that can, to visit it sometime in the future! I always come away from a session with personal revelation that will help me be a better missionary, even at the 5:30 session. 

Love

Elder Morgan Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment