This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Kimball Area


This week has been really great! As you know I have been transferred to the Kimball East Stake and I am now with Elder Hadley.
 
We have been working super hard this week to find new people to teach, because when I got here they hadn't been teaching anyone in the area. We have been able to teach 2 different people since I have been here (six days now). Something that I really enjoy about my new area is the diversity of the people here. There are wealthy people in the area, but more importantly there are people here that need something in their lives. We have a good mixture of wealth and poverty. There are several people that have the potential to be taught and I know that this next week is going to be great! We are going to be teaching more and working harder and harder to find those that are ready to receive the gospel.
 
Last night we were able to give a blessing to a lady that we have been teaching. She has been going through a lot of things lately and needed some comfort. Elder Hadley gave her a blessing and she was so thankful for it. We will be teaching her again tomorrow and will be setting a baptismal date too! Her name is Terri Plotts and she has watched conference and several church movies. We are excited for her progress.
 
I got sick this week and I don't know why. The weather here is still in the 70's and it feels great, but I have been coughing and feeling gross for a few days now. This is the first time I have been sick on my mission. I don't like being sick!
 
Something that I have really learned this week is how to push myself. I have been working extra hard and committing myself to talk with everyone. Elder Hadley and I have some differences and that is pretty common, but I hope we will get past them so that the work can flourish here.
 
I hope that you all have a great week, sorry for the short email, but I really don't feel good.
 
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment