This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy November!

Happy November!

I hope that everyone had a safe and fun Halloween! I have had a very different week than I usually have so let me take just a few minutes to explain what I mean by that.

Wednesday we completely shut down our area so that Elder Hadley could go on exchanges with the spanish elders in our district. So he went with them and I went with our Zone Leaders Elder Tingey and Elder Zakime. We had a great day other than the fact that I was sick the whole time and can't really enjoy a day being sick. We taught 3 or 4 lessons that day and talked to 32 people on the street, which is a lot for being in a car. (it is kinda weird to stop the car and have 3 men jump out to talk to a lady or even a guy, it is even more weird when it is night time! So we had to be carefull and not be scary). the lessons we taught were good and I learned a lot from those two missionaries! They have both been out like 15 months and they have a lot more experience than I do. It was good to get Ideas from them throughout the day.

Thursday Elder Tingey (one of our Zone Leaders) came with us in our area to see how we were doing as a companionship and how the area was. We were able to show him all of the great things that we have done and all of our ideas and he was kind enough to give us advice on how to become better missionaries. He kept hinting throughout the day that I needed to rest instead of go out and work, but I went against his advice (because I am stubborn like that) and worked even harder! I though he was trying to trick me into being a quitter. We worked really hard that day and saw the blessings from it! We were able to set up a bunch of lessons for this coming week and were able to talk to some people that we hadn't talked to in a while. Oh I forgot to mention that early Thursday morning we were playing some basketball and I was running to save the ball before it went out of bounds when I tripped and hit my face on the divider in the church gym. I laid on the floor for a while and was done with basketball for the day. I now have to lumps on my forehead, they arent too noticeable thank goodness.

Friday Morning I woke up with a huge headache and was still sick! I wasn't feeling well enough to even get out of bed so i litterally stayed in bed all day! I read a lot of the book of mormon and wrote some days in my journal that I needed to catch up on. but other than that not very exciting.

Saturday was halloween and we didnt have very much going on, but we did go to the trunk or treat and to another really cool party! We made off with all of our jacket pockets full of candy, plus a garbage bag half full! (the funniest part of that is that I really dont like candy that much. it takes me the whole year to eat just a couple things.) This candy will probably be left in the apartment whenever I leave.

Sunday we went to church from 8:30 to 5pm just like we do every sunday and it was really long, but there was a funny primary program so I had fun watching that. Sunday night we really didn't do much because there were a bunch of weird people out!

We are going to be hearing from Elder Evans of the quorum of the seventy tomorrow and I am really excited about that! I hope I will learn a lot and be able to apply it to my efforts here. Wish me luck this next week. 

Love 

Elder Morgan Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment