This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I have had a great week full of lessons and learning experiences and I am very grateful for it! I want you all to really think about thanksgiving this year. I am sure that most of you heard the same Gratitude talks that I did in church this past Sunday. The important thing is to apply what you learned, because if we don't apply it then what is the point of learning?

I am grateful for my companion - Elder Hadley and I have really been working hard in this area and now that it is week 5 I am worried that he might get transferred out, but I hope we both stay together for another 6 weeks. This past week I had to take over the area for 3 days because Elder Hadley was at meetings. I am happy to say that we were able to have 8 lessons this week, which is more than any other week that I have been here! I have seen many miracles here because of how hard we are working! We taught 3 new investigators and will be setting baptismal dates with them soon. We don't have any baptisms coming up, but next month we are planning to see some people make those promises with God.

I am so Thankful for the chance that I have to be on a mission. I didn't always know if a mission was for me or not, but now I can say that it is; not only is a mission for me, but I know that a mission is for everyone that will prepare themselves to serve the Lord. My life has changed so much in the last few months, all of the sudden I know what I want to do with my life! I see important things that I will need to implement into my future family someday and trust me I am taking notes! A mission makes life so clear, yes it is hard, but I know that it is worth it to those that I am teaching and to myself. I try to look back on my life and imagine what it would be like if I wasn't on a mission and it doesn't appeal to me at all. I am so much stronger in the gospel now and I am truly happier! The Joy that comes from serving a mission cannot be matched in everyday life.

Wish me luck this week, Thursday morning we will be playing football ( I am really excited for that) and then we have 2 Lunch appointments and 6 Dinner appointments.....I hope I can make it through the day without exploding!

I pray that everyone will have a place to go this Turkey day! Be thankful for what you have, love everyone, and live the gospel!

Elder M Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment