This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Exciting Changes Ahead


Elder Lerwill and I received transfer information for our Zone this past week, there are going to be many changes and I am excited about them because I know that they are inspired from the Lord. I will outline all the changes for you:
 
Current companionship --> After Wednesday's transfers (senior companion listed first)
 
Elder Lerwill and Thomas --> Elder Thomas and Nordwald
Elder Rice and May --> Elder Rice and Shafer
Elder Marco and Halling --> Same
Sister Rosdahl and Rodio --> Sister Rosdahl will be training.
Sister Nishiguchi and Hartvigsen -->They are both leaving and their wards will be covered by Elder Rice and Shafer
Elder Hancey and Shapley--> Elder Evans and Shapley
Elder Scott and Brixey --> Elder Chavez and Brixey
Elder Seymour and Dickinson --> Same
 
So our Zone is changing from 16 missionaries to 14, so we are getting smaller in numbers, but we will still cover the same amount of wards and stakes. These missionaries leaving the Zone were great and I have no problems with them, but I am really excited for the new Pueblo Zone! We will become unified in our efforts to teach and baptize.
 
I have loved serving with Elder Lerwill, we have taught each other a great deal of things, whether they are small or big things I do not know, but I know that I have gained a friend for life! Thank you Elder Lerwill, good luck in Apache Junction!
 
We were able to find new people to teach this week! 4 new investigators were added to our teaching pool. We even set one baptismal date with a man named Mike, he is excited and willing to find out for himself that this is the true church, I can't wait to see him take that next step in October! Others that we found this week are Steve, Bri and Bob! We will be focusing on them and helping them progress towards goals such as baptism. I hear that my new companion is a hard worker and I can't wait to hit the pavement and find more people to teach.
 
On Friday I was complaining more about my foot and Elder Lerwill told me that I should call the doctor, so I called the foot specialist and he told me to come in and see him right away. We went to his office (that happens to be out of the mission, but don't worry we got permission) and after about an hour of waiting finally got to see the doctor. He told me that I have a vertical fracture on my 3rd metatarsal bone and gave me a walking boot that I have to wear for the next 6 weeks. It feels so much better walking around in this boot than it did in my shoes for that week and a half. I do get a lot of questions asking what happened, but that is okay! I can't believe I have been walking around on it and playing basketball on a fractured foot for almost 2 weeks, no wonder it hurt so badly every time I came down from getting a rebound, haha.
 
I love this great work that I am blessed to be involved in, I know that I am doing something important and I am grateful for the chance I have to help others see it's importance too! I hope you all have a great week!
 
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment