This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, July 11, 2011

"Haboob" in Mesa

Hey Everyone!

This week has been really crazy! We have been in meetings from 9-4 Tuesday - Friday and then on Saturday we had to Weekly plan, so we basically only had the evenings to proselyte this week. We have been really blessed for our efforts though! Just last night we were driving to an appointment when we saw a man standing outside his home. He was talking on the phone so we patiently waited in his driveway with him until he hung up the phone. Once he got off we found out several things about this man; His name is Silver and he told us how is wife is currently in a coma, so she has been at the hospital since February and he has been living alone. We promised him that our message would benefit and bless his life as we testified about the Book of Mormon and he was really touched by what we had to say. We told him that we would be inviting him to come closer to Christ by Reading, praying and being baptized, so after he knew what our expectations were he invited us back! We will be teaching him this Wednesday and he has 2 roomates that we also met, one of which (James) told us that he has been looking to be baptized into the LDS church! We are so excited and feel so blessed. I know that this is the Lord's work and that it is a blessing from him that we were able to find Silver and James.

This past Tuesday night we had the craziest storm ever come through Mesa! It was a dust storm and to the people here it is called a "Haboob". I am not certain that is the technical term, but that is what everyone called it, funny right? But back to the storm, It was literally a wall of dust that looked like black clouds. If I had to guess I would say that the wall of dust was several miles high, I would recommend looking it up online, I am sure that there are pictures and videos of it posted everywhere. Someone here said that it made national news!

That was the bulk of my week. We have some really wonderful things coming up this week so I will be sure to report on them, please keep me in your prayers. I know that the church is true; We have a Prophet on the earth today that leads and guides us and his name is Thomas S. Monson. Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, I am so grateful for the sacrifice that he made for me. Stay strong!

-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment