A couple of wonderful things happened this week in the mission field and I guess I will start with one that brings great joy to me! On Saturday a man named Yordi (sounds like Jordi) was baptized! He was baptized into a Spanish branch here in Mesa, but I had the wonderful opportunity to teach him because one of our bishops invited him to hear the lessons. We taught him in the bishops office and he understood most of our message in English, but we then transferred him to the Spanish missionaries and they took it from there. He is a great guy and I am happy that I was able to help him understand the gospel.
We also had multiple chances to go tracting this week due to the lack of investigators in our teaching pool. We knocked on a door and this young adult guy answered and his name is Josh. He just moved here from Indiana with his 14 month old daughter and is seeking a stable religion in his life. We went inside and taught him the message of the Restoration, he was really attentive during our discussion and we invited him to be baptized on the 27th of August! He accepted and we were so excited! We met with him the very next day and took him on a church tour so that he could be familiar with the building before he came and that was a wonderful experience too! We are excited that he is so prepared for the Gospel, he will be a great member of the church.
Also, Zone Development Meeting was this past Thursday. I am happy that it is over because it takes a lot of planning and puts more stress on us as Zone Leaders. It was a fantastic meeting and everyone could really feel the spirit; we were able to get everyone in the zone involved so I felt that helped a ton. President Ellsworth interviewed each one of us and helped us overcome difficulties that we are having, so I feel that our work will pick up now that the whole zone is getting along better, not that they weren't getting along to begin with. Stay tuned for more miracles to come!
Last night we had a pretty neat rain/lightning storm! I was excited for the moisture and even got a sweet picture of a lightning bolt coming down, so I will have to send that home next week or something. I hope you all have a great week though! Keep a prayer in your heart for me!
Elder Thomas
Monday, July 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment