Missionary work is wonderful! I testify that the greatest thing we can do as Latter-day Saints is spread our great message. The message of the Restoration, which clearly and boldly proclaims that we have the authority from God to do his will. The Plan of Salvation that can and will bring comfort to those who have lost loved ones and gives direction to those who seek it. The Gospel; to simply state what actions we MUST take in order to be cleansed from our sin and able to dwell with our Heavenly Father. I know that these messages are "simply beautiful, and beautifully simple." We have a great gift and opportunity to share this with the people we love and those we have just barely met. May we do that.
My week has been really busy, Elder Nordwald and I are working hard hard hard to find people prepared to receive the blessings of the Gospel while still helping and teaching those who are progressing towards baptism. We found 3 new investigators this week even though we only had 2 and a half days to proselyte due to meetings and exchanges that took place. Not bad right? We have felt good about the things we have been doing and plan to see many more miracles in the upcoming week.
Exchanges were wonderful on Tuesday, I went with Elder Rice (23 months out; from Idaho Falls, Idaho) and Elder Shafer (12 months out; from West Valley, Utah). They worked hard all day and talked with a bunch of people! I was happy to be a part of teaching and setting 3 baptismal dates with them for August 13th! They are doing well in their area and I am grateful to have them in the Pueblo Zone.
One of the highlights of the week was just yesterday when we were able to meet with President Ellsworth, President Wright(Stake Pres.) and Brother Hiatt(High counselor over missionary work) to talk about the stake and how we can help them meet their baptismal goals for this year. These men all conversed by the spirit and we were able to learn a lot from them. I want to be just like these men, it doesn't matter which one, because they are all so great!
I am excited for this week and I hope to hear from you all soon! Please pray for us to find people that are prepared to receive the ordinance of baptism!
-Elder Thomas
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment