This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pictures from the Field

Sorry that I didn't email you yesterday like I usually do on most Monday mornings. I failed to mention to you that Zone Conference was on the 22nd of August and that we would be emailing today instead of yesterday.

We had a fantastic week here in the Mesa Central Stake! We taught more lessons than we had in any previous week that I have been in the Stake. We found 7 new investigators! We even set a baptismal date! Elder Nordwald and I are really being blessed for our efforts and we are seeing the fruits of our labors! We know that we have been working really hard everyday and now that we have been finding new people it takes a lot of the stress out of the equation. The woman that we set a baptismal date with is Kathleen, I spoke of her in my email last week. When we taught her on Monday, Friday and Saturday she was moved by the spirit that she was crying during most of the lessons, she even attended a baptism on Saturday and stayed for all 3 hours of church on Sunday! She is an elect individual who is truly seeking to know what is right! She has wonderful fellowshippers and I have no doubt that she will be baptized as soon as she stops smoking and gets married to the man that she has been engaged to for 15 years already!

Zone Conference yesterday was amazing! President Ellsworth is a powerful speaker and I enjoy listening to him so much. He is my father-figure out here and I look up to him because I see everything that he does and how it all builds up the kingdom of God here on the earth. We were able to present a training to our zone members about how they can meet with their bishops more effectively. Then at the end of Zone Conference, President called Elder Nordwald and I up to the stand and in front of 4 zones we told the story of our week, how we have been meeting with our bishop and auxiliary members to help hasten the work! I feel that it went really well! I love my mission President more and more as I get to know him on a deeper level, he is great!




 Nathan and Sarah Ghram

Mike miller and his family
and then the Keaster family(fellowshipping family)



I hope you all have a blessed week! Keep me updated on what is going on in your lives!

-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment