This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Working Hard

This week has been wonderful as well my good brothers and sisters! Elder Nordwald and I are working hard and seeing the blessings come in because of our dedication to the Lord. We have been teaching and testifying to everyone and anyone that will listen to us. This week we have witnessed a baptism, set baptismal dates, taught 12 Member Present Lessons(7 in a members home), found 2 new Investigators and to top it all of we honestly believe that this coming week is going to be even better!

My favorite lesson this week was with a 14 year old girl named Krystal. She is someone that we have been teaching since we got into the area and the other Elders didn't speak very highly of her. We went into our first lesson and were shocked at how much of a testimony she had and after that lesson we knew exactly what we had to teach her in order to help her come closer to Christ and become baptized. So this last Wednesday we met in the Hobbs' home (That is her fellowship family) and taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and at the end of the lesson we invited her to be baptized on September 3rd! She accepted and her parents are both extremely supportive of her. Krystal's step father even comes to church with her and we know that he will be baptized in time too! Can you say Miracles?

I have truly grown spiritually this week as well. I have been reading through the Book of Mormon, like I do every morning, and I have learned a lot about Faith in Christ. Ether 12 is a wonderful chapter that I read in my personal study this morning and I would recommend to all of you to read it. I hope that my faith can be as the Brother of Jared's faith... Enough to remove mountains.
 
Here we are with Dylan and Trinity McGhan
-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment