Many new and exciting things have happened this week and I desire to share them with you!
Thursday Morning we had our Zone Leader Council meeting with our mission president and the assistants. But to our surprise we also had a special guest speaker from church headquarters in Salt Lake! His name is Brother Donaldson and he spoke to us about something that is going to revolutionize the way that we do missionary work! He told us that the church was spending a great deal of money on the Arizona Mesa Mission! President Monson and the 12 apostles have decided to do a new advertising scheme in the Phoenix/ Mesa area! They will be promoting the new website Mormon.org using TV ads, billboards and bus stop advertisements that will stir up curiosity among the general public! Now instead of the members bring up Mormon.org with their friends, their friends will be asking them questions! The following link is where you can look up some of the ads that will be placed around the Valley! Boncom.com/mormon
Friday was awesome! We set a baptismal date with a woman named Rosalice! She is from Haiti and is super excited for her baptism on the 24th of September! coming right up!
Saturday was and interesting day too! Early in the morning while we were playing basketball an Elder threw the ball and tried to get it past me, but because I was too quick my hand hit the ball awkwardly and I was hit with an incredible about of pain instantly, I know that I am not supposed to write home about this kind of stuff and scare my mother, but don't worry I went to the doctor to get it checked out. Turns out it wasn't broken! So that is good news, but I did have a minor ligament tear in my left had (ring finger). They said that it wouldn't require and surgery and that it will heal on it's own! So now I just have to wear another annoying brace! I didn't even know that they made braces for fingers, but now I do. I should have it off in a month or so.
Saturday was also Krystal's baptism! She was so happy and so excited for that day and when it finally came she was really nervous! Her 16 year old friend from church baptized her and he did a really nice job for his first baptism! Krystal could feel the difference as she came up out of the water and she sort of shouted, " WOW!" while she was still in the font! I am so happy that she is a member of the church and that she is setting the example for the rest of her family. Now we will be working to teach them and help them come to know that the church is true too!
I love this work brothers and sisters! I know it to be true!
-Elder Thomas
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment