I am in my new area here in north Scottsdale and I am having a great time. My companion is Elder LaRocco, who is from Logan/Layton, Utah. He is my first Utah companion, can you believe that? He is a great guy, really hard working and knows how to be a missionary. I look forward to serving with him in the coming weeks and I know that we will have much success together. His dad actually works in Eugene, Oregon for the University of Oregon, so the rest of his family is working on moving there and he will return from his mission to Eugene.
This week has been a transitional week for me. Our area here is MASSIVE and its a good thing we have a GPS because without it we would be lost. We have no ghetto in our area, which has it's pro's and con's, but I really like the wards and the people here. I have never seen so many nice cars in one place before! We probably see 20 corvettes each day and countless BMW's. Most of our area is upper-class people, but there are a few apartment complexes (like the one we live in) that are about average.
My responsibilities have changed since coming to Scottsdale and I have really been enjoying the extra sleep. I am determined to be the best District Leader that I can. Our district is 2 Elder companionships and 1 Sister companionship, which is nice because it is so small.
We had 2 baptisms this week, one for a guy named Fred in the Desert Mountain ward and the other was Mike in the Larkspur ward. Both guys are really great and were referred to us by their non-member friend in the Desert Mountain ward who will be baptized on April 6th. Sunday at church they were confirmed, but I wasn't able to be there because I gave a talk in the Fountain Hills ward, which was only 10 minutes long because the guy before me talked for 35 minutes. The talk went well with the time that I had, so I was pleased.
Right now we have 4 people with baptismal dates, 2 in January, 1 in February, and 1 in April. The work here is great and I really hope to work hard and smart to find the reason why I was sent here. Please know that I love you all and appreciate your support and encouragement. I will be working the Christmas lights on Christmas Eve and then I will be calling home next Sunday and I am really excited!
Merry Christmas!
-Elder Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment