My favorite thing that happened this week was Linda's baptism!
On Thursday night we came in at about 9:15pm and it was lightly snowing outside, which made me really excited because if you know me you know that I love the snow! On Friday we woke up to 11 inches of snow which soon became 12, 13 and eventually 16 inches! Snowflake, believe it or not isn't a place where it snows a lot, but this was a miracle! I was so happy, we were able to shovel tons of driveways and help out around the town. Good thing about half the people here own heavy equipment, it makes the job a lot faster. I have never used 4 wheel drive so much in my life! The snow is still around, but slowly is melting. Right now it is 11am and the temperature is 4 degrees outside so I think that the snow and Ice will be sticking around for a couple more days!
Measuring the snow at 11am on friday morning. we got 6 more inches after i measured.
We were able to teach some great lessons this week and it showed because we had ALL of our investigators at church and all of them had a great time except for one of them. Jeff decided that he isn't much of a church goer and said that he still wanted to be baptized but isn't willing to give up smoking or come to church. We told him that coming to church and living the commandments is part of the baptismal covenant, so he'll have to committ to those things before he is baptized. He cancelled our lesson for that night and we won't be going back over until he is ready to do that stuff, but that is okay because we are here to find the elect. Jeff isn't ready right now, but he will be someday in the future.
We were able to go down to the valley again yesterday for Zone Leader Council, which was an amazing meeting. We received training on how to be better leaders and I really feel that it will help the mission progress. The drive was long, but it was well worth it to spend more time with President Ellsworth and receive the revelation that I did.
Me in my new Snowflake Zone T-shirt.
Elder Ralphs and I
My week has been awesome! I hope to continue to improve an progress up here, both for myself personally and for this area. This weekend we find out transfer news, I sure hope that our companionship stays the way it is, but I will let you know this next week.
I went on Exchanges with Elder Ricks (left) and Elder Scow (right)
-Elder Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment