This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, January 17, 2011

In Training


Hello everyone!
 
I can't believe that it is already Tuesday again! Time goes by so fast when the work is moving forward. This past week has been full of mixed emotions and feelings, but don't worry most of them are good feelings. Basically the only sad feeling is when I found out that the Ducks lost in the Nation Championship game. Oh well.
 
As you all know by now Elder Hadley is not my companion anymore; yesterday he finished his mission and reported to the mission home. Today I am with a temporary Elder until I get my companion tomorrow. We received transfer news on Saturday night and to my surprise, President Ellsworth has asked me to be a trainer for a brand new missionary! I don't know why the Lord would have me be a trainer, but then again I don't know a lot of things. I will be honest with you all, I am pretty nervous about training, but I know that as I rely on the Lord for strength and guidance that he will help me. I have been preparing for the new Elder and hopefully he will feel the spirit as we work our hardest for God.
 
The work in the area has been going great and I honestly feel like it is going to explode this week. We had a sister that isn't a member of the church yet show up to church and she is interested in learning more about what we believe! She was looking at mormon.org and was chatting with a missionary online and that is how she found the church, so we will be teaching her tomorrow. Denise was able to make it to church and we have been getting a few referrals from the members! Like I said, the work here is going great, and I can only imagine how it will be as we continue to work hard.
 
That summarized my week here in Arizona, but I am sure I'll have a lot to write about next week. keep me in your prayers as I train this Greenie!
 
Love
 
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment