This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! 

I would like to welcome my new nephew into the world! Benjamin Yuhas was born on December 29th 2010. He is the newest addition to our family and I am so happy to be an uncle again. I saw some pictures of him and he is a cutie, that's for sure! Congratulations to my sister and her husband! Good luck!

I hope that you all have had as good of a week as Elder Hadley and I have. We have seen a bunch of miracles from our Heavenly Father. 2011 has started out very well for us. On Friday the 31st we were able to go sign at the Christmas lights at the temple. There were 196 of us missionaries all signing our hearts out in the freezing weather! (it was literally 31 degrees that night) It warmed my soul as we ended the wonderful celebration of Christ's birth, but it made me sad that I wouldn't see all of those beautiful lights for another year. I didn't get any pictures of the lights, but it is because we were told not to look like tourists, we were there to get referrals and to represent Christ. It was an amazing night and we had a late dinner after we sang, most of the missionaries were hanging out and talking for a long while, then Elder Hadley and I were ready to go so we left and 9ish and went home, then straight to bed. (I was way tired)

On Tuesday we were able to teach 2 new investigators, there names are Denise and Daniel. They are very kind people and told us right away that they are seeking the truth in their lives. We listened to the spirit as they told us about themselves and it told us to teach Daniel about Forgiveness based on his past and how he can be forgiven and washed clean from all that he has done. They both accepted it very well and we were also able to teach them on Saturday night. We haven't been able to teach them about the restoration yet, because the spirit has lead us to address their concerns first, but we will soon. They should have a baptismal date soon as well. They are awesome and I love them!

Last Thursday at about 1pm it snowed here in the valley! (which if you didn't know, Never happens!!) It was really cool to seen snowflakes again and even though it didn't stick I was able to catch some on my tongue! whoo hoo! I have been really really cold in our house too, good thing my sister got my a blanket for Christmas. We found out that the heater on our side of the house stopped working, but the Lewis' got it fixed already.

I am so grateful for everything that has been happening on my mission. I truly love this work, it is the work of my Heavenly Father and I am happy that I get to usher his children back to him. I am thankful for my companion, and even though we struggle at times I love him and am so happy to have served with him. This Saturday I will find out who my companion is and by next Monday Elder Hadley will be gone. He has taught me a lot, and I think I have been able to teach him somethings too. I love this gospel and am committed to what I do. D&C 4

Go Ducks

Love,

Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment