This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hard at Work



This week has been a roller coaster for sure! Elder Scott and I have been working really hard to bring others closer to Christ, but people have been exercising their agency to avoid us or to be busy when we come by. We only had a couple of lessons total, but we probably had about 8 or 9 that were supposed to happen throughout the week that didn't. I was afraid at first how E. Scott would react to people cancelling on us all the time, but I was able to explain to him how Satan wants us to be discouraged about things that happen and he wants us to be depressed about the work so that we will give up. He listens very well and I think it helped. We have been focusing on the good things that did happen throughout the week.
 
Cody Harris was able to make it to church this week. His neighbors brought him to church for us and he was able to make friends with them (this is the ultimate fellowship). He is 15 years old so he went with the young men to their classes and we never saw him after that, I am assuming that he had a blast because we didn't hear anything else. We will be teaching him more this week as his baptismal date of Feb 12 comes near. He is a good kid and I enjoy teaching him.
 
Elder Scott is doing awesome! Like I said last week, I am so surprised and how prepared he is. I wasn't half the missionary that he is when I first came out into the mission. Elder Scott knows how to teach very well and already has very good missionary habits. I am still teaching him how to talk with everyone on the street, but other than that I don't know what else I am going to teach him. I am so blessed that he prepared for his mission the way he did!
 
I love this work. Nothing will stop me from fulfilling my mission!
 
-Elder Thomas


P.S.
Here is a picture of Crew Glasgow wearing my tie! I let him wear it at church yesterday ;) His mom was the lady that has a daughter serving in oregon and she called you a while back.


also a picture of me riding Sister Glasgows bike (the one that is on the mission):

1 comment:

  1. We love your son, he is so wonderful! Our Crew especially loves "Elder Thomas".

    ReplyDelete