The last day of January is here and I am seriously shocked at how fast the time is going! It feels like yesterday that we were saying "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Now we are about to start a whole new month. As I get closer and closer to my year mark I become more frustrated because it seems like there is never enough time.
The work in the area has been great this week! We have been teaching an 11 year old girl named Megan Waters and and 15 year old boy named Cody Harris. They both have baptismal dates for the 12th of February and are way solid! Megan's family is less active, but she knows the church is true and it is so awesome when she prays at the lessons because she always asks Heavenly Father to help her get to church and to help her do the things she needs to so she can be baptized. Cody is sweet too! He has been to church twice now and even was going to help us teach a different investigator, but the lesson fell through. He went to see the Joseph Smith movie and the Visitors Center this past week and really loved that. We taught 5 Member Present lessons this week and 2 Other lessons. We have really been working hard trying to find new investigators.
I caught the bug that was going around, Thursday I started to feel sick and it has gotten worse every day since then, but we haven't stopped working. I know that Satan is just trying to get me down and make me feel like not working, but I am not going to stop. I gave a talk yesterday in sacrament meeting and I think it went okay. The subject was "How being spiritually minded makes me a better Christian". I was on a ton of meds so that I could make it through the day, but I did make it.
That's about all that happened this week, just a bunch of good missionary work! Sorry I didn't write more, but I don't feel the greatest.
I love my mission and all of you that support me!
-Elder Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment