This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Still Here!


NOT TRANSFERRED!
 
The best part of the whole week was when I found out that I was not getting transferred. We found out at like 11pm on Saturday night and we were both very nervous about there being any changes. We are extremely excited to keep working together and to keep working with our investigators too. There are several of them that are progressing and I have a great feeling of what March will bring.
 
We were able to teach some very critical lessons this week. We are truly helping these people come closer to Christ by inviting them to be baptized in his name. We taught Denise Cross and Daniel Carreon twice this week and Denise set her own baptismal date for March 20th! She needs to overcome some habits that she has, but I have faith that she will and that she will be baptized on that day. Daniel finally came to church this week and it just happened to be Stake conference! He enjoyed that and I feel like in just a few more lessons he will have the desire to be baptized with his wife!
 
We also taught Gabe Egurrola this week, he is a former investigator who stopped meeting with the missionaries because he was confused, but we went over there and just had him ask us questions. He said after the lesson that he felt much better about how he got some things off of his chest and the thanked us for coming over. We were so stoked after that lesson on Tuesday. Then on Friday he came and played basketball with us! We set up pick up games in 2 days notice just so that we could get some of the Elders in the ward to fellowship Gabe. IT WORKED!
 
I am so happy that the Lords will is that I stay in this area, because I know that there are going to be a lot of great things happening here and we plan to see several miracles these next 6 weeks.
 
I love this gospel, I love missionary work. I love all of you who read these emails even though they may not make sense or might have several spelling errors. Thank you for your prayers and support. I love my family, they are the best!
 
-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment