Brothers and Sisters,
I am so thankful for my mission president! This week I have had the wonderful opportunity to go to what is called "Leadership Training Meeting" over in Scottsdale. I went from 9 to 4pm Tuesday through Friday. We were taught directly from President Ellsworth about how we can become better teachers and he gave us 8 supplementary lessons that we use in conjunction with Preach My Gospel. These lessons are going to be taught to all the missionaries in the MTC starting in May, but he wants to make sure that we understand them first. As I came back to Mesa every night and taught our investigators using these new lessons I really did see miracles from it! He is such a great man and is truly inspired in everything that he does for us. The spirit was so strong everyday that he taught, we were spiritually fed for sure!
Elder Scott and I are doing great too! He took over the area here while I was gone to the meetings and he did a wonderful job. He is a great missionary already and I thoroughly enjoy serving along side him. We were able to increase the number of lessons that we taught from last week and we have also set goals to continue to increase those lessons. We will be having 2 baptisms this weekend, one for Megan Waters who is a 11 year old that is from a part member family and the other is Michelle Welch who Elder Scott and I taught on his first night in the mission and set a baptismal date for, only to find out that she wasn't in our ward... so we turned her over to the sisters who taught her the rest and we will be going to the baptism because Michelle has asked me to give a talk about Baptism there.
We were able to go to the temple this morning and I am so grateful for the feelings that I had in there. My feelings took me back to April 9th of last year when I went to the temple for the first time. It has brought great comfort to my heart today.
I love being a missionary!
-Elder Morgan Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment