This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentines Day,
This week has been so great! Elder Scott and I have really been enjoying our time together and have been working really hard. I am scared that transfer news is this Saturday night. I sure hope we stay together, but my gut is telling me otherwise...

We had an awesome week, but really the best day of the week was Saturday! We were able to have 2 baptisms that day. The first one was at 1pm and it was Megan Waters, she is the 11 year old girl and her family was less active in the church. during the baptism her brother said the closing prayer and while he was doing it he asked his heavenly father to help him get back to church and to help him get the priesthood! By the end of the prayer he was crying and could barely speak, it was amazing!

The second Baptism was Michelle Welch, She is 28 and has a little boy named Cayden! She was the one that found the church in high school because her friend gave her a Book of Mormon and she came across Mormon.org and ultimately came into contact with us. Her friend that gave the Book of Mormon to her was the one who baptized her! Can you believe that 11 years after high school she joined the church and she still remembered his example? Crazy!

Also on Saturday our ward mission leader Brother Halatokoua threw a party for the missionary work in the ward. He invited us over to Chuck Brown's house and he also had one of our former investigators there. Brother Brown invited his neighbors Chris and Mary, and also the Thornhills. There were a lot of non-members there and we are going to be able to meet with Gabe (the former inv.) tomorrow. We ate a lot of food too, Brother H roasted a whole pig on a spit! 

He is from Tonga and I guess that is what they do there all of the time! I guess they had to turn it over a fire for 5 hours for it to cook all the way through. I liked the taste of it and there were some other Tongan foods there that I really liked. It was a very spiritual dinner because of the stories that were told and the testimonies that were shared.

I look forward to this week, not so much this Saturday, because I really don't know what will happen to our companionship, but I know that the Lord will put us where we need to be. We are going to teach a lot this week and help people become closer to Christ via invitation.

- Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment