This week has been one of the most amazing weeks of my entire mission! I know that I have said this before, but it just keeps getting better!
As most of you know, I have been chosen to train a brand new missionary! His name is Elder Scott and he is from Folsom California! The funniest thing is that I knew him before the mission! Back in 2008 I went to EFY in Forest Grove, Oregon. I showed up there not knowing anyone and Elder Scott was one of my roommates there! It's a Small world huh? So when I walked into the training meeting (where we get our new greenies) I immediately recognized him. As President Ellsworth was calling out the list of companions I got really nervous, but excited at the same time! He called my name and told me that I was going to be training Elder Scott and I was so so happy! We get along great! We know some of the same people and have been having tons of fun!
Since last week we have been tearing up our area! On Wednesday we had a lesson with Michelle Welch, she had been learning on Mormon.org about the church and we committed her to be baptized on February 5th! The only bad thing is that we found out she lives outside our ward boundaries so we had to give her over to the sister missionaries, but we will still be able to go to her baptism! Speaking of Baptisms, we had one on Friday night! Greg Estrada was baptized! It was one of the most spiritual baptisms that I have ever attended. He was so ready for that step in his life. Elder Scott and I taught the message of the Restoration during the intermission and the spirit was so strong!
Elder Thomas next to Greg Estrada, & Elder Scott.
Then on Saturday night we set a baptismal date with Cody Harris, who is a 15 year old kid that knows a lot about the church, he is way awesome and we are excited for everything that has been happening here. We have been finding some super solid people to teach and last week was one of the most productive weeks that this area has ever seen! I am so happy that Elder Scott was prepared to come on his mission, he is already a great missionary and as we teach each other he will continue to progress.
I know that our mission President was inspired to put us together. I am so honored that I am able to train Elder Scott. The work will go forward and we BOTH will learn as it does. This Church is God's Kingdom on the earth.
Love,
Elder Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment