It is funny to think that this will be the last email that I send this year, I have been reflecting back on my mission so far and am puzzled at where all the time has gone. My mission is going by way too fast, my parents brought to my attention how long I have been out already and it is really freaking me out. If the rest of my time here in Arizona goes by this fast then I am going to be very sad. I love it here, the people are so nice, the work is so great and I feel like this is the best time of my life.
Christmas was an awesome day on the mission! There was only one problem, the high temperature was 72 degrees and there weren't any clouds in sight, so it didn't really feel like Christmas even though the calendar said that it was. My favorite part of the day however, was not the gifts that I received, nor was it the phone call home to my family (sorry fam, I love you tons!), but it was the Baptism that I was able to go to! Emmet Mirales and his wife Tonya were baptized on Christmas day at 2pm! I taught Emmet while I was in my first area, but he wasn't able to be baptized because he was on probation. He has since been let off probation early and I am so happy that he and his wife got baptized! During the program I was asked to give a short talk; I taught everyone in the room about the plan of salvation and how baptism is just a small step in our Heavenly Father's plan. I loved seeing Emmet again and was so happy that he made the choice to be baptized, even though he had to wait a long time for it.
Tonight is going to be a great night for teaching in our area. We have a lesson with a lady that just showed up to church 2 weeks ago. Her name is Denise and we will be teaching her for the first time today. Then later tonight we are going to be teaching Greg Estrada again, he has a baptismal date for Jan 14th and we will just be teaching some of the commandments this week in preparation for this baptism, which isn't very far away.
I love you all. I love the lord. I hope and pray for missionary work everyday and I hope that you do the same thing. I know that I have been blessed and well taken care of here, for this I am grateful.
Love
Elder Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment