11 Days until Christmas!
I love my mission! I wouldn't trade this place or the experiences that I have had for anything. Even though the area I am in is really tough I am still enjoying myself every day! I know that the Lord has placed me here for a reason and even though we haven't seen any baptisms in this area yet I know that people's hearts are being softened. I feel the Love of my Heavenly Father as I work hard to bring his children unto him.
The countdown has begun for Elder Hadley! His parents are reminding him every week that he will be home in just a few short weeks. I think he only has 4 left now. Dinners at the members homes have become pretty awkward because they always ask us how long we have been out for. Now he gets to say that he has been out 23 months! I am trying my hardest to help him finish his mission strong so that there are no regrets. He is a great missionary and really knows the gospel. I know that it is a privilege to serve with him. Heavenly Father has blessed me by putting me with Elder Hadley for the last part of his mission. Keep us in your prayers this holiday season, we know that we will be blessed as we stay focused and work hard.
My favorite part of my week was when I was able to go and work at the Christmas lights down at the Mesa Temple. As missionaries we get assigned to certain nights and we talk to the people that walk around to look at the lights. We ask those who arent memebers of the church to learn more by meeting with the missionaries and we ask the members for the names of their friends who need the gospel in their life! Last year there were 150 baptisms from talking to people at the lights... and that is just for our mission! imagine how many people are introduced to the Gospel by something so simple. I was able to see some people from my past areas who just happened to be there too - The Lee family and the Chapmans were there as well as brother and sister Flake! It was soo good to see these people again! I get to work the lights two more times before the season is over and on the final night of the year I get to sign in the Mission choir as the entertainment for the night! I am so excited.
I hope that everyone has been feeling the spirit as strongly as I have this Christmas season. I know that as we have a prayer in our hearts to do missionary work that we will be able to find those who are ready for the Gospel.
Love,
Elder Morgan Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment