This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rough Week-Tender Mercy


Hey Everyone!
I cannot believe that Christmas is just around the corner! The spirit is so strong during this time of the year! I feel the love that comes from my Heavenly father as I think about the birth of the Savior. I am so grateful for being able to know that Jesus came and died so that we can all gain salvation!

Elder Hadley and I have had a struggle this week, we didn't get much work done. Most of our appointments cancelled on us and we weren't able to teach as much as we would have liked to, but something that we both know is that Satan will do anything to get us down and make us depressed. He has been working on us hard this week! One of our most promising investigators decided that he didn't want to meet with us anymore and several other small things happened this week.

I believe that God picks us up at the very moment that we need to be. Last night we were able to teach a new investigator named Greg Estrada, and it was one of the most amazing lessons I have ever had! He accepted a baptismal date for Jan 15th and he is really solid on what he knows. He has been reading the Book of Mormon for 2 weeks now and knows that it is true. I feel so blessed that we were able to meet with him. My Heavenly Father knew that I needed this pick-me-up at this very moment!

I wish you all a great week, I hope and pray that all of us will be able to have the true meaning of Chirstmas in our hearts as we go throughout our lives.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been Restored-
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment