This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Merry Christmas to all! 

I am so happy this week, as Christmas gets closer and closer I can feel the attitude of this city change. I see people smiling everywhere I go an I hear about families talking about Christ and trying to share his Gospel with them.

One thing that I have really noticed this week is that the members of the Church are really starting to step up and do missionary work. As we eat dinner with families we always ask them who they know that is ready to hear the message of the Restored Gospel. We have been so blessed this week because we have received 2 referrals from members! They seem very promising that they will be baptized soon too! The first one is Cody Harris, he told one of his friends in the Spanish Branch that he used to take the missionary discussions and that he wants to be baptized! How amazing is that? The second is a 17 year old girl who is going to be 18 in a couple of days and she has wanted to take the lessons, but her parents wouldn't let her, but now that she will be 18 she will be able to! I am so excited for the next couple of weeks here. I know that I have been saying that ever since I got to Arizona, but now the work is picking up in this area. Not because we have been working harder, but because the members of the church are doing a great job!

I am way nervous to call home this weekend for Christmas. I am thankful for all of the Christmas greetings and wishes that I have received this year and I just would like to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

Love,

Elder Thomas

1 comment: