This week has been full of many great and wonderful events that have strengthened the individual testimonies of Elder Scott and I. We feel as though our hard work these past few weeks has paid off because of the amazing week that we have had this week. There is so much to write that I don't even know where to begin, so I will just start from the beginning I guess.
Tuesday was full of appointments that we had set up from the previous week. We didn't know the people that we were going to be teaching very well, but we knew that the gospel would touch their lives in some way and they would accept it. We got a new investigator named Rob Upton, he is 47 years old and lives by himself. He waved us over from the street and proceeded to tell us of how is whole family has been converted except for him! We met with him and found out that he has a hard time believing in the Book of Mormon. We also came to find out that he hasn't read it, or even prayed about it so we talked with him about how that is the way to find the answer. We will be working with him more this week to see how his reading and praying is going.
The next day we were able to meet with a brother named Scotty Cash. He is really fun to listen to; we sat and talked with him for a little bit because he has some things about our church that he didn't agree with. We explained what our beliefs were and addressed the specific topic that he was stuck on and after that he really opened up to us. We planned on teaching him again Friday, but when we came by we found out that he has a hernia so we will be checking in on him later after he heals. We also taught an eight year old girl Wednesday night because bishop asked us to. It won't be a convert baptism, but just knowing that we are helping the ward in every way possible is a great feeling.
Friday was by far the best day of the whole week! We were able to teach Donna Lincoln for the first time! This sister is so prepared for the gospel that it is like we aren't able to teach her anything new, but when she asks us questions and we respond she soaks it all in. She was referred by her boss at work and she has been praying and reading the Book of Mormon daily for the past few weeks. She told us that she just wanted to find out if it was true or not; after talking with her for about an hour we found out that she has received her answer that it is true and that she wants to be baptized. She knows who she wants to baptize her and who she wants to stand in her confirmation circle too! I am so excited to teach her over these next few weeks, I know that she is ready to make a great promise with her Father in Heaven.
On a less spiritual note, also on Friday I crashed on my bike pretty hard! It was funny because Elder Scott were both riding side by side with no hands and our handle bars hit! He grabbed his really fast and pulled ahead of me, while I couldn't regain my balance and I flew off my bike into the street! The bad thing was that it was main street and I was now laying belly down in the slow lane! I looked up just in time to see a Ford Mustang sliding towards me with its brakes all locked up and a ton of smoke pouring out of the wheel wells! I rolled from the lane over my bike and on to the shoulder of the road. The car stopped 10 feet from me and then I ran out in front of it and picked up my bike and our cell phone. I didn't hurt myself other than a few scrapes on my elbows that weren't bleeding too bad. I am so thankful that it was a car that had good brakes, because I would have been hit if it were something bigger that couldn't stop as fast! My bike was okay and we talked to the driver for a minute to make sure he was all good and then we went on down the road to our dinner appointment. I felt really bad because I put my elbows on the table while we were saying the blessing on the food and after I pulled them off I had bled on the table cloth! Oops! Anyway I learned that the Lord protects his missionaries, that he might scare them pretty good sometimes, but that we are protected! I am happy that we are both okay.
We spoke in sacrament meeting yesterday and the members really enjoyed our talks! Elder Scott went first and took about 14 minutes and then there was a special musical number so I only had 7 minutes to talk, but I made the most of it for sure!
I love this Gospel because I know it's True!
-Elder Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment