Hey Everyone,
This week has been such an amazing week! The work here is going great and I can't wait to see what this next week will bring. I can't believe that it is preparation day again, time is just flying by and I don't know how to make it slow down! Elder Scott and I have set some really high, but attainable, goals for this week and we are committed to do all that we can to reach them.
One of the highlights from this week was when we met with Donna Lincoln again. She is so prepared for the gospel! We were able to set a baptismal date with her for May 7th. The only reason that it is so far away is because she wants to wait until one of her friends comes back from BYU. She has so much support from the ward and from her family, I really feel that without that support she wouldn't be as prepared as she is. The importance of getting members involved has been a focus in our mission lately and I can clearly see why.
Also just last night we got a call from a guy named Richard Glassman. He just recently moved into our area and has been thinking about joining a church. He investigated the church about 10 years ago, but felt that it wasn't for him. He told us that God keeps directing him to the mormon church! So we met with him last night at the visitors center and we are very excited about him. He has some things that he needs to overcome, but he will be a great member of the church.
I have really been working on obtaining Christlike attributes this week (Preach my gospel chapter 6). It is a challenge to keep improving each week, but I know that as I gain more faith, charity and am more obedient that our area will be blessed. In fact just now as we were sitting here emailing we got 2 referrals for people that want to meet with us! This week is going to be great! Please keep us in your prayers.
-Elder Mo Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment