Family and Friends,
Thank you for all that you do. I am so grateful for the little blessings in my life that I have neglected to notice until recently. I am thankful for the letters of support and encouragement that I recieve from all of you, they really help me stay focused on what my purpose is as a missionary! I really hope that I can return the favor to everyone that has helped me so far in my mission.
This week has been so amazing! Just when I was thinking how things couldn't get any better than last week, they did. On Monday night of last week we got a call from our investigator Cody Harris. He said, " I've got some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that I can't get baptized on April 22nd, but the good news is that I have to get baptized before Satruday of this week!" Elder Scott and I were so excited that this happened because we were praying to have a baptism in March and we didn't really have anything planned. So we spent a lot of this week with Cody, helpling him get ready for the baptism and also inviting members of the ward on such short notice! He was baptized on Thursday, March 24th at 8pm! We managed to pull things together in just 2 days notice and we had 70 people there from the ward to support him, it was truly amazing!
Also we were able to set 2 more baptismal dates this week! We set a baptismal date with a sister named Mary Szalkcowski (yes, that is how you spell her last name) for the 9th of April! She is really prepared because she has been to church with her daughters for a while now and now she just needs to come to our ward and we need to teach her some more. She is in a wheelchair and is recovering from a stroke that she had. The other baptismal date that we set was with Richard Glasman, for the 23rd of April. He is doing great and was really involved with the ward yesterday at church!
We are so excited for the work here in the Kimball East Stake! Elder Scott and I are going to work so hard this next week. We realize that it could be the last week that we are companions with each other, so I have no doubt that we are going to give it our all this week. Pray for us
-Elder Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment