This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Pueblo Zone


My whole mission is about to change. On Saturday night I received a call from President Ellsworth who asked me, "Well Elder Thomas, are you ready to be transferred?" Without hesitation I replied, "If that is what the Lord has asks of me." He then told me that I would be serving 2 miles west of where I currently am. My new zone is called the Pueblo Zone and President asked me if I would be one of his Zone Leaders there. More responsibilities and less sleep are in my near future. I am pretty shocked that I would get such a call, I thought that Missionaries had to be out over a year before they could be in a leadership position, but I guess I was wrong. I am not as nervous as I was to train a new Elder though. I have accepted the fact that the Lord has inspired President to place me there. I am however worried about how much my weight will fluctuate being in a car...only time will tell I guess!
 
My new companion is going to be Elder Lerwill, he was in my MTC district so I know him quite well! He is a great missionary and I hope to learn a lot from him in a short amount of time! I will attach a picture that I have of us.
 
The work this week has been great too! Elder Scott was sick with the 48 hour flu so he was out of commission from Wednesday until Saturday when we finally went back out. I was able to get some of the priest age kids to go to lessons with me while Brother Lewis watched Elder Scott, so the work still went forward. We have 2 baptisms coming up in the near future and I will be able to come back and see them! Just because I leave an area doesn't mean that I stop caring for the people that I have served.
 
We also were able to watch conference this weekend. I really enjoyed Elder Holland and Elder Bednar's talks. Elder Bednar spoke of light in relation to receiving revelation. I learned some great things from him. Elder Holland was filled with emotion as always as he talked waving the Ensign to the Nations. Such a good weekend of note-taking and spiritual growth.
 
Elder Scott is going to be taking over this area, but he is also going to be over the Spanish branch in the stake! He is getting an awesome companion with an awesome name; Elder Morgan, who has been serving as a Spanish missionary for 22 months now. Elder Scott will be learning Spanish and also will continue to preach and teach in English. I am so excited for him, he is already a greater missionary that I am.
 
I am excited for the people that are being prepared for me in my new area. I know that once I get there I will learn to love them all in no time!
 
Please pray for us!
 
-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment