This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Pageant Part 2


The Easter Pageant was amazing! We were able to go every night this past week with investigators. Sometimes we didn't have the best seats, but on the last night we had the most amazing seats! We were in the 3rd row, right in the center and I was able to take many great pictures! 







I also was able to see many members in my previous areas who were glad to see me and I was in return happy to see them, I guess that is what happens when you serve in the same city for a whole year. On Saturday night I also saw my trainer Elder Austin Cornilles who was back visiting his mission with his family. He and I talked and he even called and left a message on my home phone for my parents while I was standing right next to him.
 
The performance was spectacular, I never knew that so many people could be so organized as to put on such a show. The acting was great, but the message that was left in our hearts was greater! I know that there were many people there that were not members of the church, but I also know that every one of them felt the spirit of the Lord in their hearts. As we talked with people some accepted a missionary visit at their homes, but some did not. My favorite part of the play was the angels on the top of the building what would move together to express the mood of the particular scene because they were perfectly synchronized!
 
On Thursday night we went to the Pageant and were saving some seats for our investigators when from behind us some lady said, "Elders, do you remember me?" and we turned around and it was Sister Heather Jensen who was our MTC teacher! She came down with a friend to see the pageant and miraculously ran into us! I can't believe she spotted us because there were 10,000 people there that night, it was really awesome to talk to her and I hope I have grown more mature than the last time she saw me.
 
Elder Lerwill and I are doing great! we love working together and have no problems. This week we are looking forward to teaching a lot because we will have our nights available now that the Pageant is over. We are going to focus on being more bold with the people that we teach so that we can set some baptismal dates. Please pray for our successes and personal growth.
 
I love you all and am so grateful for your support- Please keep writing!
 
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment