This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Great Week


This past week has been full of miracles! I would like to share two of them with you quickly because I am almost out of time
 
1st - We went to dinner at the Bluth's house on Thursday night and they have a daughter who brought her friend over as well. Turns out she (Erika Bewick) is wanting to take the missionary lessons and learn so she can decide if she wants to become a member or not. So we set up an appointment for the next day and went over to teach her. We were very upfront with her and even told her that by the end of the lesson we were going to invite her to be baptized. After we got to the end of the lesson I invited her to be baptized and before I could even finish saying it she was shaking her head yes and almost in tears! It was so awesome and the spirit was there! She will be getting baptized on the 28th of May!
 
2nd - We were at church and after Sacrament meeting was over a brother from the ward introduced us to a family of 4 who just showed up to church! The mothers name is Kimberly and her 3 children are MJ(20), Hattie(13) and Caitlin(11)! The reason they came to church is because Hattie has been going with some friends to a different ward and wants to convert, so Kim wants to be as supportive as she can with her daughters decision. Kim said to us that she is willing to sit in on the lessons and is open to converting as well! We will be teaching them on Thursday night in the Bishops home! I am so excited because we were fasting for a prepared person that we could teach and baptize and we got a whole family before our fast was even done!
 
I am excited for all the wonderful things that are happening in our area and am grateful for the time that I get to spend with such a great companion. Elder Lerwill and I are getting along as great as ever! No problems here at all.
 
Please keep us in your prayers.
 
Love,
 
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment