This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, May 23, 2011

One Busy Week!


This week has been extremely busy! Elder Lerwill and I haven't found much time to spend in our area, but things are still running smoothly. I know that we are being blessed because of our obedience and hard work.

Last Tuesday we were blessed to have a brand new missionary stay with us for the night. His name was Elder Carpenter and he was from Texas. We had a couple of good appointments that night and I hope it helped him see how great missionary work is. It made me feel like I was training again. I love training new missionaries and I hope that I get to do it again before my mission is over.

Wednesday was transfers so we spent most of the day in Scottsdale because we gave a ride to a companionship in our Zone and we also had to make sure that Elder Carpenter was there to get his trainer. Again we only had the night to teach and find, but we tried to make it as effective as possible.

Thursday was our only full day to work in our area, we spent most of the time trying to contact investigators in our singles ward because we didn't have a ward mission leader to tell us what was going on. That night we went to an Addiction Recovery Program with one of our less active members, the people there are so humble and ready to make changes. I gain a stronger testimony every time I go too even though I don't have addictions.

Friday we went to Zone Leader Council meeting which went from 8am - 1pm and we were able to be instructed directly from president Ellsworth and the assistants. We learn so much from those meetings it is insane. There are going to be some changes in the way our mission operates, but they all should benefit us immensely.

Saturday we did our weekly planning and used our evening to confirm that our investigators were going to make it to church. So as you can tell it has been a crazy week, but we have been so blessed! The members in our wards are really stepping up to help us when we are gone. The Stoneburg family is still going to be baptized this Saturday the 28th at 6pm! We have been teaching some other investigators and are excited for their progress and I will update you on their baptisms as dates are set. Also this coming Saturday Tim Tennon is going to be baptized from my first area, he is the cousin to Jason Tennon who I taught and I also taught Tim twice! I am excited for him as well.

Something really amazing happened yesterday! We were in a meeting with our stake president and he proceeded to tell us of an experience he had earlier in the day. He met one of our investigators named Chantel and he talked with her for a little while during church. Then when he found out that she believes the Book of Mormon and that she believes that Joseph Smith is a prophet He committed her to be baptized on June 4th! We were so excited when he told us this, we are going to be meeting this Tuesday with her to talk more about it, but I'll keep you all posted.

Please keep us in your prayers, Elder Lerwill and I can feel the blessings come to us because of your love,
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment