This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Pageant


This past week has been one for the history books! We have been preparing hard for our Zone Development Meeting(ZDM), teaching a bunch of lessons and we have even been able to attend the annual Easter Pageant!
 
ZDM was yesterday and that is the meeting that we have to do the most preparing for because we assign all of the topics for the talks and trainings that the members of our zone give. We also had to give a training ourselves which took every companionship study this week to complete. Our Training was on the talk "The fourth Missionary", which really has opened my eyes to see the type of missionary that I can become. The meeting went smooth and all of the talks and trainings really related well together. Elder Lerwill and I were really happy to be done with it, not because it is a bad meeting, but just because it puts a lot more stress upon our shoulders. I was able to have my interview with President Ellsworth as well, which went great!
 
We have seen many miracles this week as we have been teaching the Restored Gospel. We still don't currently have any baptismal dates set, but I KNOW that this week we are going to be setting a few of them. We had 3 investigators at sacrament meeting and I know that's a great step to their baptisms.
 
On Wednesday of last week we were able to go to the Easter Pageant! We were working it that night, which means that we would go around before it started and ask for referrals from everyone! I was able to get 1 non-member to accept a missionary visit and 8 referrals from Members in the hour and a half that we had to talk with people. While I was talking to the people there I was able to see a ton of members from my past areas! The Glasgows even brought me Lemon Bars for my birthday, I am so grateful for them and for all the members here that help me out.
 
Elder Lerwill and I are getting along great! We have a ton of stuff in common and we are on the same page as we teach. He and I are doing well, but would still appreciate your prayers!
 
Love,
 
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment