This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hard Work and Diligence


A week of miracles has been the result of hard work and diligence here in Scottsdale! I don't know if the Lord could bless us any more than what he has this past week or so. I have been surprised again and again as people and opportunities are placed in our path.

Referrals have been pouring in this week. Since the last time I emailed we have received 7 referrals from church headquarters with the names, addresses and background information about people who are sincerely interested in learning more about the Gospel. Out of those 7 referrals we have contacted 5 and have also set 4 more baptismal dates this week! That brings our total number of baptismal dates to 8, even after we had Brian's baptism this weekend!

The work here is exploding and I am so thankful that we are able to be so busy. Here is a list of the people getting baptized in the coming weeks and months:

Mark - Jan 28th
Kolt - Jan 28th
Kenneth - Jan 28th
Dante - Feb 14th
Patricia - Feb 18th
Quincey - Feb 25th
Robert - Apr 6th
Mai'Quel - Apr 14th

I am grateful to be here in Scottsdale, I am learning who everyone is and getting to know the area well. My companion is teaching me a lot about myself, the area, and the principles of the Gospel. Someday he will move on to a new area, it could be next week or it could be in March, but no matter when it is I will be ready to continue working hard and I don't expect any setbacks. In fact I expect the work here to progress forward no matter who is in this area!

I have grown a lot in the last week and have strengthened my testimony too. I know that the Lord is my Savior and Redeemer!

-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment