This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Training a New Companion Starting Wednesday


I have been called upon to train a new missionary for the last 2 transfers of my mission! President Ellsworth called me on Saturday night at about 9pm and asked me if I would be a trainer and I accepted. I am grateful for the opportunity to do so! Since I have been asked to do this I have found much comfort come to me. I no longer have to worry about being transferred for the rest of my mission because the training program guarantees that I will be with this missionary for 2 transfers. Also I know that this will be my last companion so I no longer have to worry about who I am going to get and if I will get along with them. I will get this new missionary on Wednesday of this week and we are going to work really hard to progress the work in this area! I am so excited and know that the Lord will be guiding me every step of the way.

Elder LaRocco is going to be serving in Apache Junction now. He will bless many lives there and I am so happy for him. He has loved serving here and I know that it is hard for him to say goodbye, but he will be able to relate to and uplift everyone that he comes in contact with there in AJ.

We have 3 Baptisms coming up this weekend and I am excited for them! Mark, Kenneth and Kolt will be baptized on Saturday and all will be confirmed on Sunday. I will be sure to send some pictures next week.

We had a fun time this week, we were working so hard and almost taught 15 lessons with a member present this week. We found one new investigator who is really awesome! His name is Marty and he also came to church this week. I have no doubt that he is going to be baptized soon too. I will keep you posted. We had 11 investigators come to church this week, which is a really high amount for this area! We are being so blessed. Please pray for us to continue to move the work forward here. I know that with combined efforts we will be able to increase the number of people we bring into the fold.

I am grateful for this work. I love it so much and NEVER want it to end. I hope and pray that I will be able to bring many souls to Christ before my time is up. I will continue to work as hard as I can to accomplish His work.

On Saturday we got to attend the Barratt Jackson collector car auction,  so much fun!  (I had to buy a new memory card by the way!)   They had every car you could imagine there!



I actually got taken on a "hot lap" in the yellow corvette!
It was awesome!





This is me next to a 10 foot tall truck! (ford F-350):

-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment