This blog is a place where Morgan's mission letters and pictures will be posted as he sends them in. We're hoping it will be an additional way for all of his family and friends to follow him through the next two years as he serves as a missionary for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

As a new years gift to each of you I would like to simply bear my testimony to you of the things that I have learned from this past year:

2011 has come and gone so quickly, but the lessons that I have learned, the people that I have met, and the experiences that I have been a part of are never going to leave me. All of these things have impacted my soul, and not just for the time here on earth, but eternally. At the start of the year I had been out for 8 months and wasn't really sure how to be a missionary at all, but soon after the new year came I was given the opportunity to train a new missionary, which forced me to dig deep and remember all the things that I had been taught so that I could apply them and pass off the good habits to that elder. I was honored to be given more responsibilities as a Zone Leader in Mesa and in Snowflake, both places I was blessed with great missionaries to work with and wonderful companions who taught me how to be a leader. Then when I was called on to train a new Zone Leader I realized that I must rely on the Lord for my guidance and direction. Right at the end of the year I was called to be in the position that I am in now, as a District Leader I clearly understand what is expected of me by the Zone Leaders because I was in their shoes and want things to run smoothly for them.

I have been provided with magnificent companions who have taught me so much about the mission and have given me inspiration about my future. Sure, we have had our struggles together, but I love each and every one of them so much. I look forward to being close friends with all of my companions in the future.

I have learned a lot about the amount of commitment that it takes to be a fully active member of the church. I know that this is what I want in my life, but more importantly I need it. This gospel is not something that I am going to live on Sundays and forget about the rest of the week. I have realized that this is a way of life and that it doesn't burden anyone, but that it just brings further blessings to their lives. Even though I am nowhere near my family back home I have seen great blessings come to each of their lives and I firmly believe that it is directly connected to the service I am doing here and the way that we all have been living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I encourage and invite each of you to count your blessings and locate the source from which they come, because I know that it will always lead you back to your Father above.

We have a prophet on the earth today, under the direction of Jesus Christ he is able to lead this great church through the struggles of the world. His name is Thomas Spencer Monson and he a tool in the Lords hands. We are blessed to have the Book of Mormon to clarify doctrines and keep us holding fast to the rod of iron. That book is true. I testify that the Gospel will be preached to all the world and that I am a small fraction of such a great cause. These things I offer unto you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

-Elder Thomas

Here's a photo of our Christmas Tree...

...and my new beltbuckle!

No comments:

Post a Comment